Melanoma is the most deadly form of skin cancer. The pity is that people don’t seem to take skin care or sun protection seriously until they have a scare and Melanoma is very scary. We all need to be aware of our skin and any changes to the skin. Below are some signs that we should be aware of in regard to our skin.
To recognize the type of skin cancer, dermatologists recommend looking for the following ABCDE’s:
• Asymmetry. Both halves of a mole should match.
• Border irregularity. Edges are ragged, notched or blurred.
• Color. If skin color varies from one area to another
• Diameter. Melanomas are usually greater than 6mm, but can be smaller when diagnosed.
• Evolving: Keep an eye out for unusual looking moles or skin lesions, especially when changing in size, shape or color.
This should help you evaluate any moles and makes sure you are aware of an changes.
Knowing this doesn’t mean you have to hide inside, make sure you use a good sunscreen, one that you will USE, feels great on your skin and DON’T BE SHY TO REAPPLY!!!