FAQ: UV Apparel
If you enjoy spending time outside, you may be concerned about protecting yourself from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. If you are a parent, you may also be looking for ways to protect your children. Seniors are also at high risk for sustaining damage from overexposure to UV rays because their skin is thinner and more delicate.
At bu, we began our company with the goal of creating UV apparel that helps protect ourselves and our loved ones. We also wanted to share our passion for protecting people from sun damage while making it possible to be outside. In addition, because we care about our customers, in response to their needs we have developed an ever-increasing line of UV apparel. For your convenience, you can purchase bu UV apparel online without ever having to visit a brick and mortar store. Check our Shipping page for rates and locations. You may be eligible for free shipping. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our line of UV apparel. Below are answers to many of the questions we receive:
What is UV apparel?
UV apparel is designed to block as much of the sun’s UV rays as possible. This is done by using special fabric with a tight weave or thread. At bu, we offer UV apparel for adults as well as for kids. You can feel confident that you are purchasing quality material that is crafted to last as well as protect the wearer from UV rays. We offer an assortment of colors and styles and our line of UV apparel is always expanding. Not only does our clothing look good, it also feels good against the skin it’s protecting.
When should I wear UV apparel?
UV apparel by bu can be worn anytime, anywhere. Though it’s specifically designed to be worn when exposed to the sun, due to its comfort and style it can be worn indoors as well. We recognize that people will probably move between indoors and outdoors as they go through their day. Rather than change clothes specifically for when you’re in the sun, you can wear bu UV apparel all day long and never think about it. Meanwhile, it’s protecting you from UV rays whenever you go outside, even on cloudy days.
What are my style choices for your UV apparel?
bu offers casual and fun UV apparel in an assortment of colors and styles. We design attractive and comfortable clothing for men, women, and kids. Short sleeved or long sleeved shirts, hoodies, crewneck or V neck. We even offer a hoodie dress. Browse our product pages and you are likely to find many garments of interest. If you are interested in something particular that you don’t see, contact us via our online contact form. Because we’re always considering adding new items to our UV apparel line, we love to hear from customers about what they’d like to see in our online store.
Sunscreen: Protect Your Epidermis
Many people underestimate the power of a quality sunscreen and UV apparel for protecting your epidermis (also known as skin) from harmful rays of the sun. bu has been creating cost-effective yet quality sunscreen and UV apparel that helps protect all skin types from damage.
We believe shielding your body from frequent exposure of sun rays is beneficial for wellbeing. Our products offer a high level of spectrum and is safe for all skin; whether you are prone to dryness, are medium skin type, or oily. Our quality ingredients are gentle yet offer protection on the face and body for your days outdoors.
There are an unlimited number of benefits when it comes to using bu products as a daily practice. Some of the major pros of using sunscreen and UV apparel as a regular routine are listed as follows:
1. Protects Premature Aging: Sunscreen and the best UV apparel can protect your skin from forming wrinkles and fine lines due to exposure to the sun.
2. Lowers Skin Cancer Risk: Wearing top UV apparel and/or sunscreen daily can prevent you from developing many types of skin cancer.
3. Shields from UV Rays: The sun does offer us beneficial vitamin D, however the rays can put you at a severe health risk if exposed without protection overtime.
4. Reduces Skin Imperfections: Sunscreen and UV apparel may prevent blotchiness, dry spots and/or the start of acne.
5. Protects Sunburns: Sunburns damage and weaken your skin, which makes it more susceptible to itching, peeling and even bruising.
6. Prevents Tanning: Many desire a tan glow for the summer months; however sunbathing can increase exposure to ultraviolet B rays (which are very harmful to the skin).
7. Enhances Overall Skin Health: Sunscreen protects your skin proteins from being damaged by the sun (collagen, keratin and elastin).
8. A Cosmetic Option: Many sunscreens offered on the market today also have a tint or have facial cream added, which can make your skin look bright and glowing.
9. Many Are Waterproof: If you are wearing sunscreen, chances are you may also be enjoying time in the water. Many companies offer waterproof options.
10. Protects Even Under Layers: Even if you are wearing full coverage clothing, rays can seep through your fabric. By using sunscreen, you can protect your skin from those pesky UV rays.
Everyone can benefit from the effects of using sunscreen. Choosing a product that works well for your lifestyle is key to ultimate protection. And don’t forget the benefit of UV apparel. There are many benefits of spending time in the sun, however it is important you take safety into consideration when it comes to shielding your skin.
Here at bu, we take pride in offering a product that can help prevent our customers from signs of aging, various kinds of cancer and skin acne/imperfections. Whether you are a runner, or simply enjoy being outdoors, our product can act as a sun shield as you engage in hobbies or activities. Please call us at 310-456-8787 or fill out a contact form on our website to find out more about our sunscreens and UV apparel products, or take an order if you are ready to purchase today!o purchase today!